- This event has passed.
Curtis Wingfield’s Jazz Is Led
Sat Jan 23 @ 6:00 PM
Craft cocktails and small plates begin at 5:00 pm.
Seating includes the club & patio and is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for preferred seating. Learn more about Middle C Jazz memberships.
Livestream available for Middle C On Demand subscribers. $9.99 for unlimited monthly streaming. Click here to learn more https://middlecjazz.com/livestream/
Curtis Wingfield’s Jazz Is Led is a celebration of and tribute to the music of Led Zeppelin in the spirit of Jazz-Fusion. Featuring Ron Brendle on bass, Troy Conn on guitar, and Emmanuel Wynter on violin.
Curtis Wingfield is a drummer and composer based in Charlotte, NC. His first solo EP, Foreword (featuring Ron Brendle on upright bass and Chad Lawson on piano), is available on all streaming platforms. Curtis received his first drum kit for Christmas at age 3. At age 4, he started studying piano and continued that until age 11, competing in national classical piano competitions. At age 11, he returned to the drums then continued his music education as a percussion performance major at East Carolina University, where he also concentrated on jazz composition.
In 1999, Curtis moved to Charlotte, NC and that’s when his career as an in-demand drummer started. Playing in several different bands at any given time period, he also began periodically touring nationally with Bellyfull, Gonzilla (whose alumni include Jazz-Fusion heavyweights Allan Holdsworth, Gary Husband, Hansford Rowe III, and Kai Eckhardt), and The Afromotive (a Jazz-Afrobeat group with leaders from Cote d’Ivoire, West Africa, with which he received acclaim from both DRUM! and Modern Drummer magazines). During this time, Curtis was also a successful, in-demand, private drum teacher.
Today, Curtis remains a highly in-demand freelance drummer for both live and studio sessions, as well as composing, recording, and performing his own original music.
TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Enter on South Brevard Street.
3. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
4. Seating includes the club & patio and is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for preferred seating. Learn more about Middle C Jazz memberships.
5. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smartphones are permitted.
6. Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
7. All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
8. A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
9. At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.
10. As a courtesy to our patrons, please place cell phones on vibrate and keep conversation to a minimum during the show. Middle C Jazz reserves the right to refuse entry or to ask any patron to leave the club if necessary, to ensure the safety of other patrons.