- This event has passed.
David Pankey Jr Jazz Trio
Fri Nov 15 @ 7:15 PM
Doors will open 30 minutes early for Baby Grand Members. Learn more about Middle C Jazz club memberships.
David Pankey Jr Jazz Trio
Since early childhood, music has been David’s inspiration. His mother, the late Lessie Pankey relates that as an infant he would get excited each time he saw a piano. She would put him on her lap so he could stroke the keys! Mrs. Pankey was a wonderful pianist who was David’s first teacher. She continued giving him musical tips as well as playing for family & friends until her death in April 2009.
Once the family bought a piano, he played non-stop. He had great support, since his mother and father always knew that his talent would take him far. She taught him Methodist church hymns. To this day David injects a little “gospel flair” in his jazz as a tribute to his mother.
Pankey spent much of his adult life as an employee of BellSouth Advertising & Publishing Corporation. He retired as Regional Manager in 2002 after returning to Charlotte from Atlanta, Georgia.
Now, David has realized his dream as a jazz pianist. His limited edition CD release “Out of the Box” received rave reviews in 2003/2004.
Since then, he credits more than 100 performances, including concerts and jazz festivals. Other venues include performances for the prestigious Quail Hollow Club and it’s members, Charlotte City Club, Queens University Learning Society, HeartBright Foundation, Myers Park Country Club, Auntie Karen Foundation and many others on a recurring basis.
David’s inspiration continues to be his music, however; his predominant inspiration in addition to his mother is his wife Jeanette, who provides great support and is the catalyst for his musical creativity.
MIDDLE C JAZZ | Ticket Terms and Conditions
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard.
3. Enter on South Brevard Street.
4. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed.
5. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
6. Seating is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for early seating.
7. Doors open one hour prior to the performance for General Admission ticket-holders. Doors open one hour and 30 minutes prior to the performance for Baby Grand Members. Doors open 30 minutes prior to second shows.
8. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smart phones are permitted.
• Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
• All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
• A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
• At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.
FRI, NOV 15