The Music of Alfred Sergel IV
Thu Oct 22 @ 7:00 PM$24.00
Craft cocktails and small plates begin at 6:00 pm.
Seating includes the club & patio and is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for preferred seating. Learn more about Middle C Jazz memberships.
After 25 years in the Charlotte music scene, Alfred Sergel IV has started to establish himself as a successful composer and band leader. Middle C Jazz is excited to host Alfred and his stellar ensemble featuring guitarist Troy Conn, bassist Ron Brendle and pianist Phil Howe
Alfred Sergel IV
Drummer and composer, Alfred Sergel IV, has shared the stage with Grammy award winning artists and recorded on numerous Billboard charting albums.
The energy and excitement Sergel has brought to audiences worldwide supporting other artists, he now brings to support his own original music which fuses pop melodic undertones within a modern jazz context.
Sergel’s original music has grabbed the attention of NPR Music, JAZZIZ Magazine and has hit the top 200 on the jazz charts.
His newest release “The Falling Out” is garnering attention from both jazz and pop
media and features Grammy award winning bassist Tim Lefebvre (David Bowie, Steely Dan) and Grammy nominated pianist Martin Bejerano (Roy Haynes, Jonathan Kreisburg).
Sergel has recorded on countless albums and performs regularly with legendary Christian artist Jason Upton, Steinway Artist Chad Lawson, Shana Tucker, Noel Freidline and Maria Howell.
When he is not performing, Sergel is adjunct faculty at Davidson College in Davidson, NC, The Kings University in Dallas, TX and Central Piedmont Community College in Charlotte, NC.
Sergel is a Sabian Cymbal Artist and endorses Roberts Drums.
TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Enter on South Brevard Street.
3. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
4. Seating includes the club & patio and is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for preferred seating. Learn more about Middle C Jazz memberships.
5. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smartphones are permitted.
6. Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
7. All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
8. A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
9. At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.
10. As a courtesy to our patrons, please place cell phones on vibrate and keep conversation to a minimum during the show. Middle C Jazz reserves the right to refuse entry or to ask any patron to leave the club if necessary, to ensure the safety of other patrons.