- This event has passed.
Joe Barna – Sketches of Influence Live Recording
Sat Mar 14 @ 7:00 PM
Doors will open 30 minutes early for Baby Grand Members. Learn more about Middle C Jazz club memberships.
Sketches Of Influence / LIVE RECORDING
International recording artist/saxophonist Stacy Dillard, child prodigy pianist Davis Whitfield, New York bassist Otto Gardner and drummer/composer/leader Joe Barna.
Sketches of Influences Lineup:
Joe Barna / drums, composer, leader
“Joe Barna’s musical concepts and the way his ensemble realizes them make for an excellent evening. Joe’s compositions expolore a wide range of styles, and he and his group bear watching.” – Pete Malinverni, Jazz Pianist/Recording Artist/Educator NYC
Barna began his collegiate life in 1995 by attending SCCC in Schenectady, NY. While enrolled he focused his efforts on orchestral percussion performance/education. In fall of 1999 he transferred to the esteemed Purchase College Conservatory of Music in Westchester, NY. In spring of 2004 Barna received his BFA in Jazz Studies with a focus on drumset performance & composition.
Since 2004 Barna has devoted himself to a life of composing and performing. His talents have brought him around the globe sharing the stage with many of the worlds top musicians/groups including: (3 time Grammy Award winners) The Celtic Tenors (6 time Grammy Award recipient) Gary Smulyan (world renowned classical violinist) Peter Fisher (3 time Grammy Award recipient) Ralph Lalama and jazz recording artists Joe Magnarelli, Ray Vega, Grant Stewart, Dick Oatts, Jim Rotondi, Jon Gordon, Jerry Weldon, Josh Evans, & Stacy Dillard.
Joe has also performed with many of NY States regional greats such as: Keith Pray, Brian Patneaude, John Menegon, Lee Shaw, David Gleason, Mark Kleinhaut, Michael Louis Smith, George Muscatello, Lee & Leo Russo, The Joey Thomas Band, The Big Soul Ensemble and his own original group Sketches Of Influence.
Barna has performed in over 50 pit orchestras for many outstanding professional musical theaters, toured the world as a member of ship orchestras for the worlds leading cruise lines, performed as a member of Trio Calvo for 3 months while living in Dubai UAE and has headlined as a leader at a variety of performing arts centers as well as jazz festivals and small clubs. In addition to his live performance credits Barna has also recorded on over 10 albums with a variety of band leaders and his own original groups. Included in this list are Keith Pray, Lee Russo, Mike Benedict, Steve Lambert, Ralph Lalama, James Weidman, Jon Gordon, Joe Magnarelli, Victor Gould, Stacy Dillard and others
MIDDLE C JAZZ | Ticket Terms and Conditions
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard.
3. Enter on South Brevard Street.
4. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed.
5. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
6. Seating is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for early seating.
7. Doors open 30 minutes prior to the performance for General Admission ticket-holders. Doors open one hour prior to the performance for Baby Grand Members. Doors open 30 minutes prior to second shows.
8. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smart phones are permitted.
• Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
• All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
• A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
• At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.