A note from our owners on Phase 2 reopening
Middle C returns May 28
To our valued Middle C family,
As North Carolina enters Phase 2 of its reopening plan effective May 22, we want to update you on what we at Middle C have been up to throughout the closure and how we’ve prepared to navigate a challenging but hopeful future.
The months leading up to the shut down welcomed lively crowds and encouraging sold-out performances. As a young club just finding our footing, we don’t take nights like these for granted. The momentum you helped us build to that point reaffirmed what we’ve believed since day one — that Charlotte is hungry for and deserving of intimate local live music venues with heart.
While the abrupt but necessary closure that followed was disheartening, here at Middle C you can’t stop the music. Shortly after closing we rolled out Notes from Middle C, an interactive virtual live performance starring Noel Freidline and Maria Howell that streams free on Facebook every Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Our nine Facebook livestream performances have been viewed more than 46,000 times, bringing quality, uplifting, accessible music to the community for free. We were also proud to leverage the reach of that platform to help raise funds for those impacted by the coronavirus closures. With your help we’ve raised more than $25,000 for local out-of-work musicians and Middle C employees.
We cannot thank you enough for your continued support throughout this uncertain time and are ready to slowly, safely and prudently welcome you back to our club. As a private, seated club with restaurant service, we are among the businesses cleared for Phase 2 opening. With deep gratitude and optimism, we are excited to announce the return of live club performances at Middle C beginning May 28.
To keep everyone safe we’ll be offering an extremely limited number of tickets for each show. We expect these to sell out quickly so don’t wait to buy yours. See below for show dates, times and pricing for our reopening weekend. Remember, Baby Grand members get early presale access to purchase discounted tickets now before the general public. Learn more about Baby Grand membership here.
We have been hard at work preparing the club for this return, including stringent cleaning and social distancing protocols you can read about in more detail below.
While this challenging global event has been a hurdle for our industry and a difficult time for everyone, we know we wouldn’t have a path forward without the sacrifices so many have made to keep our world turning these last few months.
Thank you to the frontline professionals — those in healthcare, law enforcement, public safety, grocery, foodservice, delivery, transportation, construction and postal service — who have selflessly showed up under the most trying conditions while the rest of us did our part to stay home.
The show will go on, and we can’t wait to see you again.
Larry Farber, Owner
Adam Farber, Owner
As a private, seated club with restaurant service, we are among the businesses cleared for Phase 2 opening. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us maintain a clean, safe and positive atmosphere for everyone. Here are the steps we’re taking at Middle C to ensure the safety of our guests, performers and staff:
Mandatory Face Masks and Temperature Logs for Staff and Guests – All Middle C employees will wear face masks while on site. Pursuant to North Carolina’s statewide mask mandate effective Friday, June 26, all guests are also required to wear a mask to enter the club. You can remove it once seated at your table. If you arrive without a mask, we will have non-medical, reusable Middle C branded face masks available for purchase at the club ($7 each or 2 for $10). We will also check the temperatures of all staff members before each shift and send home anyone exhibiting a fever.
- Electrostatic Spray Disinfectant – In addition to our own regular wipe and clean disinfectant protocol, we’ve partnered with IsoKlean Carolinas for additional weekly electrostatic spray disinfectant. The EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectant effectively kills the top 15 multi-drug resistant organisms, including human coronavirus, MRSA, E. coli, influenza viruses and more.
- Reduced Club Capacity – In accordance with state/local guidelines, we have cut our capacity well below the mandated 50 percent fire code limit to temporarily allow just 50 ticketed seats per performance. Due to the extremely limited number of seats available, we expect shows to sell out quickly. Remember, Baby Grand members get early presale access to purchase discounted tickets before the general public.
- Socially Distant Seating – With fewer ticketed seats, we are able to arrange our furniture to accommodate a minimum 6-foot distance between each table. We have also expanded the club’s layout to allow for discounted patio seating if you prefer to enjoy the show from outside. We have 30 club seats and 20 patio seats. There will be no standing room permitted.
- Mandatory Face Masks and Temperature Logs for Staff – All Middle C employees will wear face masks while on site. We strongly encourage guests to do the same and will have non-medical, reusable Middle C branded face masks available for purchase at the club ($7 each or 2 for $10). We will also check the temperatures of all staff members before each shift and send home anyone exhibiting a fever.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations – We will have hand sanitizer stations positioned throughout the club for your use.
- No Cash Transactions – Please purchase tickets online in advance or use credit cards in the club.
We hope these measures give you peace of mind as we begin moving ahead together. For additional information, please see our FAQ page.