- This event has passed.
Gospel Sunday at Middle C Jazz benefitting Heal Charlotte
Sun Nov 22 @ 1:00 PM
We’re thrilled to host our November 22 Gospel Sunday event in support of Heal Charlotte, a local nonprofit organization that provides youth mentorship, rent relief, transitional housing and food assistance to neighbors in need.
Founded in 2016 by respected activist and grassroots organizer Greg Jackson, Heal Charlotte’s vital community work has helped to reduce crime, prevent evictions, provide housing, and send students to college. Livestream ticket sales from this Gospel Sunday performance will benefit Heal Charlotte’s ambitious campaign to transform a local hotel into a mixed-use affordable housing complex. The future Heal Charlotte campus will serve as a safe haven for the most vulnerable in our community, providing food, ongoing mentorship, and case managers to assist in transitioning out of the facility — and every livestream ticket purchase from this show will help make that happen.
Fuel your body and move your soul! Be prepared to feast on inspirational music that will surely move your body and fuel your soul.
Raised in Charlotte, N.C., Ahji first started singing when she was 3 years old. Although she spent most of her adolescence singing gospel, Ahji grew enamored by the art of storytelling at the undercurrent of music and began to embrace and experiment with various genres in early adulthood. She has since shared the stage with the likes of Samoht, Greg Cox, Le’Andria Johnson and Ro James and has performed in concert alongside Charlie Wilson, Anthony Hamilton, Robin Thicke and many other well-known musical phenoms.
She currently serves as a background vocalist for Fantasia Barrino-Taylor, who inspired Ahji to passionately pursue her artistry without diminishing or compromising her own gifts. Ahji continues to hone her talent with a mission in mind — to be a source of light and love wherever she is called to perform.
TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Enter on South Brevard Street.
3. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
4. Seating includes the club & patio and is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for preferred seating. Learn more about Middle C Jazz memberships.
5. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smartphones are permitted.
6. Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
7. All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
8. A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
9. At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.
10. As a courtesy to our patrons, please place cell phones on vibrate and keep conversation to a minimum during the show. Middle C Jazz reserves the right to refuse entry or to ask any patron to leave the club if necessary, to ensure the safety of other patrons.