- This event has passed.
Jazz is Phish
Sat Jan 11 @ 7:15 PM
Doors will open 30 minutes early for Baby Grand Members. Learn more about Middle C Jazz club memberships.
JAZZ IS PHSH
JAZZ IS PHSH is the project of the world renown music directors, The Chase Brothers (Adam Chase & Matthew Chase). Borrowing the concept from Jazz Is Dead, Jazz Is Phsh uses the melodic structure of the music of Phish to present instrumental jazz-funk-fusion renditions of choice Phish songs.
With the Phish catalogue being rich with unique and complex arrangements, worthy of being celebrated, The Chase Brothers have created an ever expanding “real book” of Phish which allows musicians of all backgrounds to step into the music and breathe new life into the songbook.
The horn driven musical arrangements span from bop jazz vibes to deep funk fusion filled with danceable grooves and strong melodies.
The arrangements and performances of the band are built around their debut album which features Adam Chase, Matthew Chase, Dennis Chambers, Jeff Coffin, Carl Gerhard, Josh Thomas, Chris Bullock, Michael Ray, Kofi Burbridge, Grant Green Jr., Anthony Wellington, Holly Bowling, Jonathan Scales, Chris DeAngelis, Scott Flynn, Lenny Pettinelli, & Derrick Johnson.
With the music of Phish being both largely improvised as well as highly composed, the framework of Phish’s music is the perfect vehicle for exploring in an instrumental setting. The compositions are both challenging and adaptive. Jazz IS PHSH provides an exploration of Phish music unlike anything else.
Von Hunter is about spreading the message of Consciousness, Love and Power.
Positive vibes over rock reggae grooves help humanity move to a new beat…
The mission is to bring awareness to the power of self and who we really are. Embracing the abundance of the universe and the fact that we shape our very reality – individually, but more powerfully as a collective unified human voice. Consciousness.
We are abundant and Love is the answer. Love is the pulse that connects us to our source. It is the very tool that we need for our liberation. By using our natural and creative abilities, we can build a new reality for ourselves. Love is powerful.
Power comes from understanding who we truly are and the power that we already posses. Power is about taking the action to move away from anything that represents prison and slavery in our lives. Power is choosing to build a new and brighter vision for humanity…
A vision of Consciousness, Love and Power.
MIDDLE C JAZZ | Ticket Terms and Conditions
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard.
3. Enter on South Brevard Street.
4. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed.
5. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
6. Seating is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for early seating.
7. Doors open one hour prior to the performance for General Admission ticket-holders. Doors open one hour and 30 minutes prior to the performance for Baby Grand Members. Doors open 30 minutes prior to second shows.
8. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smart phones are permitted.
• Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
• All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
• A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
• At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.