Thu Jul 16 @ 7:00 PM$26.00
Doors will open 30 minutes early for Baby Grand Members. Learn more about Middle C Jazz club memberships.
World renowned saxophonist Mike Phillips is known as one of the most electrifying instrumentalists today. Mike is the first musician signed by Michael Jordan to the Nike Jordan Brand, home of the Air Jordan, and is the only musician in the world to have recorded and toured with the legendary “Big Three” of American soul and pop music: Michael Jackson, Prince, and Stevie Wonder.
Mike toured for nearly two years as part of the band for ‘Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL Tour’ by Cirque du Soleil. And music superstar Prince knew what audiences around the world know… when Mike Phillips puts his saxophone to his lips, magic is about to happen.
Prince once quoted “I was offstage, listening to Michael Phillips take his solo. I was thinking ‘Wow, listen to those people responding, and all he’s doing is playing a saxophone.’ They can feel that what he’s doing is real. So many shows now…they are so dead. But here’s one man breathing into an instrument, and the whole room feels alive. It made me want to rise up to that level when I came back onstage.” Prince, Rolling Stone, 5/27/04
Phillips is no stranger to the professional sports world, as his version of the National Anthem during the 2016 NFC Championship game sent shockwaves all over the NFL deemed one of the best anthems ever done instrumentally and now is known as the “SAXTHEM”
Mike has played three (3) halftime NFL shows with various artists and served as Music Director for the Super Bowl Gospel Celebration for two (2) consecutive years. Phillips also served as Musical Director and Host of the popular BET program “Lyric Café”. Mike Phillips’ other television performances have included the Grammys, the Soul Train Awards and as host of his own show “Mike’s World” on BET network channel Centric which thrilled millions of viewers.
Mike’s solo albums “You Have Reached Mike Phillips”, “Uncommon Denominator” and “MP3”, all debuted in the Top #5 on the Billboard Contemporary Jazz Charts. His long-awaited new album “Pulling Off The Covers” is being released on The SoNo Recording Group (SRG) January 24, 2020.
MIDDLE C JAZZ | Ticket Terms and Conditions
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard.
3. Enter on South Brevard Street.
4. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed.
5. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
6. Seating is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for early seating.
7. Doors open one hour prior to the performance for General Admission ticket-holders. Doors open one hour and 30 minutes prior to the performance for Baby Grand Members. Doors open 30 minutes prior to second shows.
8. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smart phones are permitted.
• Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
• All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
• A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
• At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.