- This event has passed.
Warren Sax Experience featuring Ashanti Munir
Sat Feb 29 @ 10:00 PM
***PRICE INCREASE FEB 14***
Since that day Warren Sax has always looked forward to showcasing his talent on the Sax and collaborating with fellow musicians.
Warren Sax is a Smooth, Exciting, Powerful, Tasteful, Empowering, Memorable, Blissful, Elevating, and Relaxing artist. So feel free to listen too his music and come out and support him if you are able.
Sax believes that there is always room for improvement and that life is always about improving to become better than you were yesterday.
Ashanti Munir is from the Roxbury/ Dorchester section of Boston, Massachusetts. The same area that produced other music talents like Donna Summer, New Edition/B.B.D., 9.9, New Kids On The Block, Planet Patrol, Ed O.G. & the Bulldogs and Guru! Unlike them, Ashanti has managed to carve out a niche and sound of her own without the backing of a record company. She is 100% independent. A former “Amateur Night at the Apollo” winner, her music is a little smooth jazz mixed with a lot of soul. Since the release of her first CD she has been the opening act for Johnny Kemp, Alyson Williams, Ledisi, Esperanza Spaulding, Terri Lynn Carrington, Walter Beasley, Color Me Badd, Helen Rogers and more. Ashanti has also shared the stage with fellow independent artists like Laurone McLendon, Marc Staggers, Donald Sheffey, Sympli Whitney, IAMDANIELMOORE, Nichelle Mungo and Jeff Ramsey to name a few. She performed for Michael Buble as a background vocalist at New Hampshire’s Verizon Center!
Ashanti Munir has released three CDs to date. They are 2008’s “Balance,” 2010’s “Soul of a Woman” and 2016’s “Lady Munir.” She is best known for the tracks “Easy Way About U,””Until U,” “So Smooth” and “I’m Staying Home Tonight” from the first two CDS. The Lady Munir CD bridges the gap between 2010 and 2016 where she continued to release new music via the Indie Soul United CD compilations. Tracks like “I Remember When (Music Had Soul)”, “Yesterday” featuring Ty Causey, “London” and “Every Day “Every Night” are now on an Ashanti Munir CD as well as several previously released remixes.
Now based in Charlotte, N.C., Ashanti is continuing her musical journey. Be on the lookout for more music and events!
MIDDLE C JAZZ | Ticket Terms and Conditions
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard.
3. Enter on South Brevard Street.
4. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed.
5. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
6. Seating is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for early seating.
7. Doors open 30 minutes prior to the performance for General Admission ticket-holders. Doors open one hour prior to the performance for Baby Grand Members for the first show of the night. If time permits, members will be allowed early access to the second show but only the first show of the night will have guaranteed 30-minute early entry for Baby Grand Members.
8. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smartphones are permitted.
• Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
• All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
• A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
• At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.