- This event has passed.
5th & York
Thu Jan 2 @ 7:15 PM
Doors will open 30 minutes early for Baby Grand Members. Learn more about Middle C Jazz club memberships.
5th & York
5th & York have emerged as one of the premier smooth jazz bands to come out of the Southeast. With influences ranging from the Yellow Jackets and Fourplay to the great funk bands of the 70s and 80s, 5th and York looks to offer its audience a valuable experience they won’t soon forget.
The band has opened for national recording artists such as Earth Wind and Fire, Chicago, Anthony Hamilton and Gerald Levert. When asked what makes this band different from other bands, Saxophonist D. Friday replied “We understand what working professionals want to hear because we are ourselves working professionals.” Their love for music has forged a musical experience with a high IQ and tons of energy that can be enjoyed by the smooth jazz listener as well as those who enjoy classic R&B.
With a set list that covers the music of artist Grover Washington Jr, Kirk Whalem, Anita Baker and more 5th and York promises to offer every audience member something they will enjoy.
The members of 5th and York are , Mike Baker on Keyboards, Derwin Friday on Saxophone, Dewarren Tate on Bass, Johnny Gilliard on Drums, Derrick Friday on Lead guitar and Vocalist Tra Sauls-Mason. Individually these musicians have traveled the country to share their talents with music lovers everywhere and now they come together to form the distinctive sound of 5th and York.
MIDDLE C JAZZ | Ticket Terms and Conditions
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard.
3. Enter on South Brevard Street.
4. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed.
5. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
6. Seating is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for early seating.
7. Doors open one hour prior to the performance for General Admission ticket-holders. Doors open one hour and 30 minutes prior to the performance for Baby Grand Members. Doors open 30 minutes prior to second shows.
8. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smart phones are permitted.
• Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
• All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
• A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
• At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.