Paul Dozier and Friends
Sat Aug 15 @ 7:00 PMFree - $28.00
Doors will open 30 minutes early for Baby Grand Members. Learn more about Middle C Jazz club memberships.
Los Angeles born Singer, Songwriter, Producer and Musician, one who plays multiple instruments: the guitar, bass, drums and saxophone. He brings fresh sounds and jazzy blends of instrumentals as well as arrangements, which seem to have no boundaries.
Paul began to play instruments at the early age of six. He recorded his first single record with his father and two brothers, in which he was at that time referred to as “the little ball of fire”, because of his explosive persona. The group called themselves the Dozier Singers. They were a local family quartet that performed throughout the city of Los Angeles and surrounding areas for over ten years. At the age fifteen, Paul explored the jazz arena, and played with the industries great pioneer, Jazz drummer Al (Tutti) Heath of the famous Heath Brothers.
Over the years Paul formed his own band (“The Brothers in Christ). They recorded two albums for New Dawn Records, which was distributed by A&M Records and received national as well as international acclaim.
Paul has three CD’s to his credit, Coolin on the 7th Day (2012), Optimistic (2014), and his current CD, Brand New Day which is making a great impact nationally and internationally.
With overwhelming radio response this allowed him headline openings for noted artists such as Paul Taylor, Wayman Tisdale, Will Downing, Bobby Lyle, Tom Braxton, Phil Driscoll, Tim Bowman, The Stylistics, The Clark Sisters, Shirley Caesar, The Hawkins Family, Bobby Jones T.V. Show and much more. His 2014 CD “Optimistic” has landed him another chart topper with the hot single “Loves Journey”. Paul has also played the role as Music Director for artist such as Karen Briggs, Gail Jhonson, Kim Scott, Edgar Wallace Jr. and sax man Yancyy. As a side man Paul has played guitar for some of smooth jazz favorites such as Brian Simpson, Jonathan Fritzen, Eric Darius, Jakeim Joyner, Jessie J.,Four80East, Brian Lenair, Willie Bradley, Althea Renee, Tom Braxton, Oli Silk, Tom Brown, Paul Taylor, Pamela Williams and Martha Reeves and The Vandellas.
TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard.
3. Enter on South Brevard Street.
4. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed.
5. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
6. Seating includes the club & patio and is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for early seating.
7. Doors open 30 minutes prior to the performance for General Admission ticket-holders. Doors open one hour prior to the performance for Baby Grand Members for the first show of the night. If time permits, members will be allowed early access to the second show but only the first show of the night will have guaranteed 30-minute early entry for Baby Grand Members.
8. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smartphones are permitted.
• Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
• All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
• A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
• At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.