Sean Mason Trio
Sat May 23 @ 9:15 PM$26.00
Doors will open 30 minutes early for Baby Grand Members. Learn more about Middle C Jazz club memberships.
SEAN MASON TRIO
THE “SEAN MASON TRIO” IS A MUSICAL ENSEMBLE WITH AN AESTHETIC SIMILAR TO THE JAZZ IDIOM – DIRECTLY RELATING TO CURRENT CULTURE NOW.
IN THE PURSUANCE OF EXPRESSION, LIVE PERFORMANCES ARE OFFERED, AND REPERTOIRE IS PRESENTED IN THE FORM OF A MUSICAL SUITE – CHOSEN BASED ON A POLITICAL THEME, EXPERIENCED BY A SINGLE CHARACTER.
SEAN MASON – PIANIST/BANDLEADER
BUTLER KNOWLES – BASSIST
MALCOLM CHARLES – DRUMMER
Charlotte native, Sean Mason is a musician, composer, and bandleader. As a versatile artist, Mason interweaves through genres and styles but will always leave his audience with a recognizable footprint of the crudest form of himself. Most importantly, Sean Mason is obsessed with the preservation of America’s own art form, jazz, as well as the preservation of the democratic principles that allow jazz to be jazz.
As a living example of these principles, Sean Mason is determined to inspire and cultivate the realization of the self across all barriers of the human race. Sean Mason realizes the potential of music to provoke unity, transform lives, and communicate love, and he will always incorporate those values in his performances. When you witness Sean Mason perform, you will experience love. Jazz Arts Initiative is proud to recognize Sean Mason as an alumnus of the All-Star Jazz Youth Ensemble program.
MIDDLE C JAZZ | Ticket Terms and Conditions
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard.
3. Enter on South Brevard Street.
4. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed.
5. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
6. Seating is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for early seating.
7. Doors open 30 minutes prior to the performance for General Admission ticket-holders. Doors open one hour prior to the performance for Baby Grand Members for the first show of the night. If time permits, members will be allowed early access to the second show but only the first show of the night will have guaranteed 30-minute early entry for Baby Grand Members.
8. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smartphones are permitted.
• Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
• All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
• A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
• At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.