- This event has passed.
The Rodney Shelton Group Featuring Brandon Stevens: The Songs of Baby Face
Thu Jan 14 @ 7:00 PM
Craft cocktails and small plates begin at 6:00 pm.
Seating includes the club & patio and is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for preferred seating. Learn more about Middle C Jazz memberships.
Come hang out and kick back during the Thursday Night Middle C series with The Rodney Shelton Group featuring special guest Brandon Stevens!
Brandon Stevens, a South Carolina native, is a smooth Soul/R&B crooner in the tradition of artists like Luther Vandross, Marvin Gaye, and Brian McKnight. He began performing while an undergrad at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC, as well as singing, writing, and co-producing records that were independently released. Brandon formed the band Mellogroove with two fellow Winthrop alumni In 2004, and in 2019, they were recognized as a Historic Rock Hill Musical Group. He is also a member of the legendary Detroit Soul group Chairmen of the Board, with a 2017 album and two UK tours with the band under his belt.
Music Is His Gift. Rodney “Keys” Shelton is the quiet storm in the music industry. Rodney began his career at the tender age of 13. Deriving from humble beginnings as a native of Martinsville Virginia, Rodney started his own band and while performing at schools and local clubs, he landed his first gig opening for artists “Betty Wright and King Floyd”.
While pursing a degree at Johnson C. Smith University in Charlotte, North Carolina, Rodney continue to develop his gift of music. Unwearingly in his work ethic, the young Rodney Shelton started touring the east coast with the show band “Time Square” and only after a few years of touring, Rodney moved into his calling as a songwriter/producer creating hundreds of songs for signed artist.
In the early 90’s after meeting with the Legendary Music promoter/manager “Howard Rosen”, that Rosen encounter lead to another encounter with the Legendary producer Stewart Levine and Jolie Jones (daughter of Quincy Jones) in king a production deal.
With the legends at work, shopping “the demo” to top record labels, the band “Curio” signed a deal with Motown records. During the recording of their album, the band unique sound, the band performed in the HIT movie “Another 48 hours” featuring Eddie Murphy, doing three songs on the movie soundtrack.
While signed to Motown, Rodney met R&B singer “Keith Washington” and along with Marsha Jenkins wrote the NOW platinum record “Kissing You”, which after 20 years is still rocking the airwaves!
As a successful award winning, musician/producer/songwriter/composer, Rodney has a list of musical talents he has work with over his career. Artists like Keith Washington, James Brown, Howard Hewitt, CeCe Peniston, Stephanie Mills, KC Haley (Jodeci), Billy Griffin, Barbara Weathers, Maria Howell and many others…
When it comes to the live stage, Rodney has performed with Anthony Hamilton, Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight, Roberta Flack, Johnny Gill, The Ohio Players, Ronnie Laws, The Emotions and the list goes on!
As the quiet storm, Rodney has trail blazed his own path with a winning sound. His utilization of live instruments is featured on his own cd “MY Gift”!
Rodney music has recently been, featured on the OWN network show “Mrs. T Music Factory” and his music project with artist James Michael Brown is currently in the top 20’s.
Rodney continues to elevate his level and passion by sharing his Gift and love of……MUSIC!!
TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Enter on South Brevard Street.
3. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
4. Seating includes the club & patio and is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for preferred seating. Learn more about Middle C Jazz memberships.
5. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smartphones are permitted.
6. Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
7. All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
8. A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
9. At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.
10. As a courtesy to our patrons, please place cell phones on vibrate and keep conversation to a minimum during the show. Middle C Jazz reserves the right to refuse entry or to ask any patron to leave the club if necessary, to ensure the safety of other patrons.