- This event has passed.
Gospel Sunday at Middle C Jazz featuring El Lambert
Sun Jan 17 @ 1:00 PM
Fuel your body and move your soul! With classic gospel playlists and live gospel performances featuring special guests. Be prepared to feast on inspirational music that will surely move your body and fuel your soul.
ARTrepreneur, El Lambert is a professional performer, accomplished musician, event curator, and creative consultant from Martinsburg, West Virginia. Raised as the son of a Pastor, El (whose real name is Ellis) began studying music and performance at the age of 5 and by the time he was 14, he was the Music Director of the entire church. Also at the age of 14, El started his first company! He would contract himself locally as a Singer, Pianist, Producer, and Songwriter for local artists and churches. It was also in high school where he was selected for All-State Chorus and won multiple awards as a performer for various Show Choir Competitions.
After High School, El went on to study Business at West Virginia University, where he also became a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated. It was during his college years, where he developed both his musical and business talents on a larger scale. From 2009-2012, he was the Director of the University’s Gospel Choir, while serving as Music Director for a popular campus ministry. In 2010, he was selected as the youngest Musical Director for the Miss West Virginia Scholarship Pageant and held that position for 3 years, in addition to serving as the Vocal Music Instructor for the West Virginia Arts & Heritage Academy. In 2011, El’s first music project distributed several thousand copies around his college town and campus as he began performing for several University and Community functions. He also launched his Marketing & Events businesses while in college.
After college, El moved to Washington, D.C. to pursue a career in the entertainment business as a Marketing Director for an Independent Film Company. During his time in D.C, he also worked for Congresswoman Frederica Wilson on Capitol Hill as a Legislative Intern, researching Educational Strategies & Constituent Relations. Once he completed these assignments, he began curating and promoting various events around the city. He was no longer performing, but began managing local talent, from singers to comedians. By the time El turned 24, his events business generated 6 figure revenues and was partnered with some of the premier brands in the D.C Area. In addition to his performances and events, El began creating platforms for artists and creative entrepreneurs to network, learn, and expose their talents on a larger scale. His passions led him to work with some great artists, brands, and businesses such as Musiq Soulchild, Raheem DeVaughn, Carolyn Malachi, Funsho (of the Voice), The Howard Theater, Ciroc Vodka, Deleon Tequila, and many more!
In 2017, El relocated to Charlotte, North Carolina with a mission to “Build a sustainable ecosystem for Creative Entrepreneurs to live, grow, and expand their businesses and careers.” In just 2 years, El’s businesses have grown tremendously and he’s performed in almost 500 shows in this region for tens thousands of people! He spends much of his time consulting, training, and teaching creatives and business owners how to maximize their opportunities both on and offline. El is passionate about entrepreneurship and creatively generating revenue and in April 2020, he became the founder of “Communities In Concert,” a partnership with the city of Charlotte, Music Everywhere, and AvidXchange in an effort to combat the financial strain of COVID on local musicians, bands, and performers! He believes that if we help each other we can all #ELevate and Achieve together!
TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Enter on South Brevard Street.
3. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
4. Seating includes the club & patio and is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for preferred seating. Learn more about Middle C Jazz memberships.
5. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smartphones are permitted.
6. Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
7. All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
8. A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
9. At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.
10. As a courtesy to our patrons, please place cell phones on vibrate and keep conversation to a minimum during the show. Middle C Jazz reserves the right to refuse entry or to ask any patron to leave the club if necessary, to ensure the safety of other patrons.