- This event has passed.
Reggie Buie Group
November 15, 2019 @ 9:45 PM
Reggie Buie Group
Reginald Buie comes to Winston-Salem, North Carolina by way of Chicago, Illinois. Reggie began his music studies at the American Conservatory of Music in Chicago. Reggie next attended Florida A & M University where he was a member of the famed “Marching 100” playing the clarinet. While living in Miami, Reggie earned recording credits performing on albums with national recording artists Timmy Thomas, and “Nicole. Reggie also received writing credits for “What about Me” recorded by Epic recording artist “Nicole” in the 80’s. The single peaked at number 53 on the Billboard Charts.
Reggie has performed with and been mentored by many of Winston-Salem’s’ local artist including Joe Robinson, Melva Houston, Janice Price, Cle Thompson, Brenda Morie, and is presently a member of the dance band Higher Ground. You can also hear Reggie playing keyboards on Joe Robinson’s second CD “Moving On”. Performing locally with the Joe Robinson Quartet, Reggie has been seen on stages in Greensboro, Charlotte, and Raleigh as the opening act for well known artists such as Gerald Albright, & Boney James.
He now headlines as “The Reggie Buie Group” whom has been performing together around the Triad area since 2004. Their success has been largely due to the group’s versatility and their ability to move effortlessly between playing soft background music, performing jazz standards, music for dancing, or delivering passionate jazz performances and improvisation during live concerts.
Reggie released his debut CD in early 2006. “The First Time” has received many great reviews and numerous accolades from the groups many fans.
More recently in 2019, the Reggie Buie Group performed for the Mathews Alive Festival, and his latest smooth jazz recordings can be heard on the Spotify, and iHeartRadio streaming music services!
To quote from a review from AllAboutJazz.com, “There is magic in how Reggie Buie brings his piano keys to life, allowing light and shade to emanate from every lively performance”.
MIDDLE C JAZZ | Ticket Terms and Conditions
1. Final sale. No refunds, no exchanges, not transferable.
2. We are located at 300 South Brevard Street, at the corner of South Brevard and East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard.
3. Enter on South Brevard Street.
4. Paid parking is available in the 300 South Brevard deck, accessible via East M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard. Space is not guaranteed.
5. If traveling via public transportation, the nearest LYNX stop is the 3rd/Convention Center Station.
6. Seating is first-come at the door. Only Baby Grand Members qualify for early seating.
7. Doors open one hour prior to the performance for General Admission ticket-holders. Doors open one hour and 30 minutes prior to the performance for Baby Grand Members. Doors open 30 minutes prior to second shows.
8. Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited. Smart phones are permitted.
• Tickets can be redeemed using a smartphone, no printing is required.
• All shows all ages unless otherwise posted, but please consider this is an adult setting.
• A full bar and light food menu are available throughout the show.
• At Middle C Jazz, we believe in taking care of each other and of ourselves. Please approach your concert experience with consideration for the enjoyment and safety of others, and please travel to and from your show responsibly.
FRI, NOV 15